Full time (part time considered), flexible working.
Weldon Beesly is a well-established, independent firm of Chartered Surveyors advising on the management, sale, letting and valuation of rural property.
Due to our expanding client base and workload, we are looking to appoint a qualified planner either MRTPI or MRICS (P&D) to join our relaxed and friendly team. The successful candidate will be employed at either Senior, Principle or Associate level. As a small business there will be the opportunity to work on a diverse range of client projects and be able to shape your work to the areas that interest you.
You will be involved in a wide variety of planning work (both rural and urban) including:
• Rural business and diversification – commercial development, leisure, tourism, farm shops and food and drink businesses.
• Agricultural – new agricultural and equestrian development; farm buildings; stables; farm roads.
• Residential – new build residential schemes; Class Q and Class R GPDO, barn conversions, certificates of lawfulness and enforcement.
• Listed building and conservation area projects.
You will need to:
• Have a minimum of 2 years planning experience either within the public or private sector.
• Understand the planning system and be able to offer strategic and tactical advice.
• Be confident in delivering advice to clients in both a rural and urban context.
• Target opportunities for new business.
• Be an active member of the team, taking responsibility for the efficient delivery of planning advice within the business.
As a small business, the successful person will be happy to pitch in and get involved as and when necessary. Essential requirements are:
• RTPI or MRICS (P&D) qualified.
• Commercially minded self-starter, with a can-do approach and strong initiative.
• Quick learner who enjoys a busy working environment.
• Team player, keen to progress their planning career.
• Full driving licence.
This is a great opportunity for those who like to get involved in a variety of aspects of a small business. We are an expanding partnership and there is plenty of scope for professional and career development.
Please email your c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information, call Hugo on 07800 587660